Sunday, December 27, 2015

A2.1 UNIT 5 INVITATIONS



A. LISTEN AND FILL IN THE MISSING WORDS

1. Invitation to a pool party
Lillian: Jerry, do you have _________ (1) for the weekend?
Jerry: I don’t have anything ___________ (2) yet.
Lillian: It’s Mary’s birthday this Saturday and we’ve decided to a __________ (3) a party for her.
Jerry: That’s __________ (4)! Where will the party be?
Lillian: It’s going to be a pool party at Jay’s ___________ (5). You must come by 7.
Jerry: A pool party? That sounds ____________ (6)! What about the dress __________ (7)?
Lillian: Well, don’t forget to bring your ___________ (8) along.
Jerry: We’ll have a great time then. See you at the party!


2. Invitation to dinner
Troy: Would you and your wife be ________ (9) next Saturday night?
Jerry: I’ll have to _________ (10) it with my wife. Do you have something planned?
Troy: Well Samantha and I _______ ________ _______ (11) have you for dinner if you’re free.
Jerry: It would be a ___________ (12), but I think I should make sure that Vanessa is free.
Troy: Maybe you can call her and find out.
Jerry: Yes, I’ll call her and tell you. I think she’ll be free.
Troy: Great! In that case please come to our house by 7.30.
Jerry: Alright. I think ________ ________ __________(13). See you on Saturday!


3. Invitation to an office party
Lillian: Hey, Luna, what are you doing this weekend?
Troy: I don’t have any ________ (14) plans.
Lillian: The boss is ________ (15) a party for the success of our new website. It crossed 20,000 visitors a day.
Troy: Really? Your boss is cool. Where will it be?
Lillian: It’s __________ (16) at the Radisson hotel. I think it’s going to be great.
Troy: And are you ___________ (17) to bring a friend?
Lillian: He said we could bring the __________ (18) or a friend along. I thought about inviting you.
Troy: Wonderful! I think l’ll love that.


4. Waiting for an invitation
Lillian: Have you ________ (19) about Jessica’s party on Saturday?
Troy: Yeah, but I’m still waiting for my ___________ (20).
Lillian: Really? She ____________ (21) me this morning.
Troy: Maybe she will call me today.
Lillian: Will you go if she invites you?
Troy: I want to. I heard all the ____________(22) girls are going to be there.
Lillian: I know, it does sound like a ____________(23) ______________ (24) party.
Troy: I hope Jessica does invite me.

B. ROLE PLAY THE CONVERSATIONS WITH YOUR PARTNER

C. WRITE YOUR OWN CONVERSATION
























PARTY INVITATIONS


No comments:

Post a Comment